You can browse all files available for download, including some binary packages, at
synthv1 Files on SourceForge.net.
2018-03-07 - The End of Winter'18 release.
- Introducing Scala micro-tuning classes, borrowed, stirred
and refactored from original Nick Dowell's amsynth code,
all under the GPL umbrella, of course.
- An internal note-key/frequency indirection table is now in
place, as a baseline for any micro-tuning implementations.
- Whether to use native file browser/requester dialogs is
now an effective option when launching under NSM session
management (was once disabled initially).
- Trying to get CC14 MSB+LSB (course+fine) running status on,
no matter whether each pairing event are under 200ms apart.
- A little hardening on the configure (autoconf) macro side.
2017-12-20 - The End of Autumn'17 release.
- Sync option added to DCO wavetable oscillators, as for
making either one to hard-sync (slave) with the other
one (master) in each pair.
- Set on a minimum attack time of 500usec as much to prevent
audible clicking on low-pitched notes.
2017-10-29 - An Autumn'17 release.
- Opening multiple preset files is now possible, populating
the preset drop-down listing, while only the first one is
loaded effectively into the scene as usual.
- Mono(phonic) "Legato" mode option introduced.
- Desktop entry specification file is now finally independent
from all build/configure template chains, whatever.
- Updated target path for freedesktop.org's AppStream metainfo
file (formerly AppData).
2017-08-22 - A Late-Summer'17 release.
- Disabled "Custom style theme" option on LV2 plug-in form.
- Brand new LFO Balance parameter introduced.
2017-06-21 - A Summer'17 release.
- Added StartupWMClass entry to desktop file.
- Long overdue, some brand new and fundamental icons revamp.
2017-05-02 - Pre-LAC2017 release frenzy.
- A custom knob/spin-box behavioral option have been added:
Configure/Knob edit mode, as to avoid abrupt changes upon
editing values (still the default behavior) and only take
effect (Deferred) when enter is pressed or the spin-box
- The main GUI has been partially revamped, after replacing
some rotary knob/dial combos with kinda more skeuomorphic
fake-LED radio-buttons or check-boxes.
- Alias-free/band-limited wavetable oscillators have been
fixed to prevent cross-octave, polyphonic interference.
- A MIDI In(put) status fake-LED is now featured on the
bottom-left status bar, adding up to eye-candy as usual.
2017-03-21 - A Spring'17 release.
- Fixed a probable old miss about changing spin-box and
drop-down list not reflecting changes immediately into
the respective parameter dial knobs.
- Fixed middle-button clicking on the dial-knobs to reset
to the current default parameter value.
- Help/Configure.../Options/Use desktop environment native
dialogs option is now set initially off by default.
- Added French man page (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
- Make builds reproducible byte for byte, by getting rid of
the configure build date and time stamps.
2016-11-17 - A Fall'16 release.
- LV2_STATE__StateChanged is now transmitted as a regular
atom notification event, as far as to give some careful
hosts enough slack to raise a dirty flag.
- Fixed input MIDI RPN/NRPN running status processing.
- Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
2016-09-19 - Eleventh official beta.
- MIDI RPN/NRPN running status and RPN NULL reset command
are now supported (input only).
- The core engine implementation is now delivered as a shared
object library, common to both the JACK stand-alone client
and the LV2 instrument plug-in.
- Discretely fixed MIDI Controlllers catch-up algorithm.
2016-06-16 - Tenth official beta.
- All changes to most continuous parameter values are now
smoothed to a fast but finite slew rate.
- All BPM sync options to current transport (Auto) have been
refactored to new special minimum value (which is now zero).
- In compliance to the LV2 spec. MIDI Controllers now affect
cached parameter values only, via shadow ports, instead of
input control ports directly, mitigating their read-only
- Make sure LV2 plug-in state is properly reset on restore.
- Dropped the
--enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant
given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido
Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
2016-03-02 - Ninth-bis official beta.
- Fixed the DCF Formant filter voice initialization reset.
2016-02-22 - Ninth official beta.
- Avoid out-of-bound MIDI events as much as possible, coping
with LV2 plug-in hosts that feed/run them in on border line
circumstances (as reported by Thorsten Wilms, on suspected
Ardour looping crash/bug, probably fixed already, thanks).
- Safe defaults are tentatively sbeing introduced to internal
OUT FX buffer-sizes, as read from JACK buffer-size changes
and LV2 block-length instantiation bound options.
- Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
2015-12-04 - Eighth official beta.
- A brand new LFO BPM control parameter is being introduced,
as a subordinate to LFO Rate, with follow/sync to current
transport/host option (BPM=Auto).
- LFO Sync (free running) mode option has been introduced.
- A fourth DCF type has been added: a vocal Formant filter.
- A third DCF slope/type has been added: the RBJ's bi-quad.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Introducing brand new OUT FX Send parameter per engine.
- Introducing brand new DCO, LFO Ring Mod(ulator) parameters.
- Special value (0=Off) added to DCO1,2 Glide knob spin-boxes.
2015-08-24 - Seventh-bis official beta.
- Improved Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds (via qmake).
2015-07-24 - Seventh official beta.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Reset ramps after LV2 control port reconnection; small fixes
to LV2.ttl (pull-requests by Hanspeter Portner aka. ventosus,
- MIDI Controllers/Programss is now an optional feature on the
LV2 plugin forms, as some LV2 hosts might enforce the purity
restriction to input control ports as being absolutely read-
only parameter values from a plugin's instance perspective.
- MIDI Controller mapping/learn is now possible on all parameter
control knobs; with global configuration also avaiable on the
- French (fr) translation line to desktop file added (by Olivier
2015-05-09 - A sixth official beta.
- Main widget layout changed as much to expand or grow vertically
2015-04-30 - A fifth official beta.
- Custom knob/dial behavior mode options are now introduced:
linear and angular (aka. radial) as far to avoid abrupt
changes on first mouse click (still the default behavior).
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
2015-03-09 - A fourth official beta.
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData.
- Introducing LV2 port-groups (as proposed by Amadeus Folego aka.
- Improved envelope widget nodes click-and-drag precision.
- Introducing a brand new user preference on eye-candy: cf.Help
/Configure.../Options/Custom style theme (applies to the JACK
stand-alone client only though).
- Envelope and filter now rendered with anti-aliased lines.
- Fixed a Qt5 FTBFS re. QHeaderView::set[Section]ResizeMode().
2015-01-23 - A third official beta.
- MIDI bank-select/program-changes is now supported, for patch,
preset and/or instrument program control.
- New Help/Configure dialog is introduced for editing the also
new MIDI bank/programs interface and user preference options
as well (new home of the old Help/Use native dialogs option).
- Presets may now be specified by base name, as an alternative
to the complete preset file-path on command line argument (re.
stand-alone JACK client).
- Fixed parameters A/B comparison swap.
2014-09-12 - One second official beta.
- One decimal digit added to all scalar parameters and knobs.
- Stand-alone JACK client ports outrageously renamed from a
zero based numbering scheme into a plus one natural one.
- Experimental LV2 Time/position atom-event support (Delay BPM).
2014-06-30 - Officially beta now.
- LV2 UI Idle and Show interfaces support added.
- First attempt to allow a headless stand-alone JACK client
application run mode, without a GUI, with option given as
command line argument (
- A man page has beed added (re. stand-alone JACK client).
- Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
2014-04-29 - A pre-LAC frenzy beta.
- Badly named 'Noise' wave-shape oscillators get their band-
limited treat option and re-labeled as 'Rand'; also a brand
new wave-shape 'Noise' is then introduced (now for real :)).
- New user preference option, cf. Help/Use native dialogs.
- An anti-denormal regression applied to the Phaser fx stage
(affecting early proto-beta >= 0.4.0).
2014-04-07 - A proto-beta bis.
- Once so called 'Noise' wave-shapes are now being made a lot
more deterministic, read idempotent ;).
- Fully alias-free/band-limited wavetable oscillators are now
in place, making it a better virtual-analog synthesizer (esp.
for running sample-rates below 96KHz).
- Late optimizations to basic wave-table oscillators.
- Make sure the LV2 plugin back-end always builds first, before
its respective LV2 UI front-end client.
2014-03-06 - A proto-beta party.
- All knobs default value setting slightly improved.
- A run-time circumvention have been hacked, strictly related
to when NSM session management is in charge: the native file
browser/requester dialogs are then disabled (were taking too
long to list the current directory on first time invocation).
- Auto-detection of the correct target library path for the
LV2 plugin, whether it may be .../lib or .../lib64 on bi
-arch targets, when libdir is not specified on configure
- Reverb has been added as a brand new effects stage, though
based on good old FreeVerb :).
- Introduced a variable env.stage time control parameter.
- Dummy change-log entry for the new year.
2013-12-31 - A fifth of a Jubilee.
- Effects/Delay BPM sync option to current transport (Auto).
- More preparations for Qt5 configure build.
2013-09-30 - Fall greetings.
- First attempt on separating the DSP code from UI as runtime objects,
effective for the LV2 plugin deploy.
- MIDI channel filter switch is now introduced.
- Fixed uninstall target make rule.
- Mono(phonic) mode switch is now being introduced.
- Another minor fix to note-off fast-release.
2013-07-16 - Brand new icon ready.
- Preset file icon and mimetype now introduced.
- A brand new icon drops the lamest old-schooler's out, in a
master lesson taught by Jarle Richard Akselsen, thanks.
2013-05-31 - Late spring blossoming.
- Some sympathy to extreme dark color (read black) schemes is
now being indulged; some discrete changes on the icon front
has also emerged ;)
- MIDI Key pressure/polyphonic aftertouch events now properly
recognized, in addition to MIDI channel pressure/aftertouch
- Parameter value ramping moved into the late post-processing,
an attempt to reduce some pop/click artifacts even further.
- NSM support introduced to JACK client.
- A slight GUI behavior change: (re)writing existing names
doesn't load the respective preset anymore (after ticket
by Jiri Prochazka aka. Anchakor, thanks).
- Introducing LV2 External UI "rougue" support.
- Moog-like 24dB/oct resonant filter slight modification.
- Fixed JACK client fail/fake initialization.
2013-03-01 - One third bug-fix release.
- Pitch-bend, Modwheel and LFO Pitch range internal fixes.
- Sustain/damper pedal switch (MIDI CC#64) support added.
- Color palette hack on Qt5 dark themes.
2013-02-08 - One second bug-fix release.
- Improved filters parameter sensitivity (cutoff, reso).
- Envelope generators stage curves now gone a little more old-
schooler and analog-like, hopefully improving on the punchy
and click-less sound front.
- Experimental LV2 Time designated port support (Delay BPM).
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
2012-12-21 - Third coming release.
- Dropped all SSE dummy build optimization flags as they were
making more harm than real good, performance wise.
- GUI layout moved from a toolbox into a stacked tab widget;
also, a status-bar has been added at the bottom display.
- LV2 Atom/MIDI event processing is now official, a replacement
for the formerly deprecated LV2 Event/MIDI specification.
- Added dirty checking also on switching from unamed presets.
- JACK stand-alone: preset loader initialization fix.
2012-11-22 - Second public release.
- Parameters A/B comparison toggle buttons have been added.
- Keep LV2 event buffer valid on each run(), as found for strict
LV2 specification and compliance (as suggested by falkTX).
- Increased polyphony baseline from 24 to 32 voices.
- Prepared for relative paths from preset file references.
- Velocity sensitivity configuration control has been added.
- Reset (all values to preset defaults) button has been added.
- Slight minor fix on fast-release re-triggering.
- Added some command line options to the stand-alone JACK client
program (--help and --version information).
- Reimplemented mouse-wheel stepping on combo-dial knob widgets.
- Detached generic double-linked list class into its own header.
2012-09-24 - One first bug-fix release.
- Fixed a crash bug on LV2 main widget close (GUI) due to some
superfluous preset dirty checking.
- Fixed a nasty rather fundamental bug introduced by late voice
list optimization, which was seriously crippled and noticeable
when more than one LV2 plug-in were being instantiated.
2012-09-10 - First true official release.
- Preset drop-down list is now sorted.
- Migrated to sourceforge.net.
2012-08-27 - Post-vacation relax.
- Main widget now a plain basic QWidget, instead of QDialog.
- Preset salvage query check on main widget close (GUI).
- Voice list alloc/free optimization--doubled polyphony.
2012-07-15 - Second coming consolidation.
- Proto-Icon, Desktop file and Help About menus added.
2012-07-07 - Initial change-log entry.
This project's Git repository can be checked out through
anonymous (http) access with the following instructions:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/synthv1/code synthv1-git
You then need to prepare the
configure script on the just created
synthv1-git source directory:
Hopefully, you'll be now with a proper source tree, ready for build.
For quite some time there are alternate Git repositories which are kept
in sync with the above sf.net one:
However, this doesn't mean that the synthv1
project is about to migrate to a brand new hosting whatsoever: the original upstream
source code repository is, will be, as it ever was, always kept somewhere else still
in this world and universe.